Please read the following information carefully.
"This site", "our site" = www.peabodysales.co.uk
"We", "us", "our" = Peabody Trust
"Content" = Text, documents, pages, images
- Copyright - All content (including text, images, logos, design and technical aspects) on this site is owned by or licensed to Peabody Trust. Content on this site may be downloaded and used for personal and private purposes only. The use of content found on this site for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited unless prior written consent is obtained from Peabody Trust. For written consent for commercial reuse, please contact email@example.com.
- Accessibility - Whilst we try to ensure full and uninterrupted access to this website, parts or all of this website may become restricted or inaccessible at any time and without notice; We take no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred as a result of any limited accessibility of this site.
- External links - Some pages on this website have links to external websites and/or other web resources; The content of any external websites and/or other web resources is the responsibility of the owner of the linked to website or web resource - we take no responsibility for the contents, services or products advertised on any external website linked to in this way.
This privacy notice explains what happens to the personal information you give us in relation to property sales. It also explains the choices you have about the data we hold about you.
If you have any concerns about how we handle your data you can contact the Group Data Protection Officer at 45 Westminster Bridge Road, London, SE1 7JB or at DPO@peabody.org.uk
We may make changes to this notice from time to time and this will be communicated on our website.
We collect most of our information from you directly, however in some circumstances, we may also collect information from other third parties, such as:
- Information about your rental history - previous landlords
- Credit checks and information about your financial status/history – Experian
- Peabody properties you are interested in and information about your personal housing circumstances – Property portals e.g. Zoopla
Why do we process your information and what lawful basis are we relying on to do so?
To market properties.
We use the contact details that you have a provided, and the preferences that you have selected, to inform you about properties being sold by Peabody and to send you our newsletter. We contact you for this purpose based on your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent to this marketing at any point by selecting the “Unsubscribe” button on our emails or by changing your contact preferences on your account.
To assess your application and to prepare to enter a contractual relationship with you.
We process data about your personal circumstances, your finances and your employment status to assess your application.
Most of this information we collect because it is necessary in the performance of a contract. Without it we would be unable to enter a contract with you. Where we require information because it is necessary in the performance of a contract you will not be able to opt out of providing this information.
Monitoring equality, diversity and inclulsion
We may process diversity data (ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation) to help us ensure our services are delivered appropriately and to monitor equality, diversity and inclusion.
In instances where you require our assistance to match properties to specific health requirements, for example, where you have a long-term disability, we may also need to process some limited health information.
We process data under this heading to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations, for example, under the Equality Act 2010.
Who we share your information with?
Other subsidiaries in the Peabody Group
Information may be shared across the Peabody Group, where necessary, to ensure that you are receiving all the services that are available to you.
Our data processors
Our data processors are organisations that carry out a service on our behalf, for example, selling agents or third party software providers. We only share that information which is necessary for them to carry out the service that they have been contracted to provide. All our contractors operate under strict confidentiality clauses and will not use your information for anything other than carrying out a service on behalf of Peabody.
Other organisations we share information with
If you are applying for a shared ownership property, we may share information with our approved panel of mortgage advisers who we use to carry our financial assessments as part of the application process.
If you are buying a property through our Help to Buy scheme we may share your information with one of the government backed Help to Buy agents. These agents help facilitate the Help to Buy scheme.
We share some information with the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), Homes England and Greater London Authority for research and statistical purposes. This is to allow them to exercise their role in providing adequate housing.
In some instances, we may have a duty to disclose your information by law to:
- Local authorities, regulators and government departments;
- Police, fire services or health authorities;
How long do you keep my data?
We will keep your information for up to 2 years from the point at which there is no longer any activity on your account.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation
You have several rights under data protection legislation which are detailed below. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please access your account and use the “get in touch” button to contact us.
Right to be informed
You have the right to be informed about how we are using your data. If you think we are doing something with your information that we have not told you about in this Privacy Notice, please let us know.
You can find information about the lawful conditions for processing that we rely on to collect and hold your information at www.ico.org.uk
Right of access
You have right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
Right of objection, rectification, erasure and restriction
If you think that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that it be rectified.
If you think that we are holding information about you without a compelling reason or legal justification for doing so, you have a right to request that it be removed completely from our records , or that processing is restricted. Please note where we have a legal justification for keeping the record, we are not required to remove it.
Right to data portability
You have the right to request a copy of some your data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format. You also have the right to request that this information is transferred directly to another organisation, but only where that is technically feasible.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
If you are not satisfied with the way that we have dealt with your personal data, please let us know and we will try and resolve your concerns. If you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you can refer your concerns directly to the regulator.
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113